I LOVE MY CHURCH Prt 2
1 Chronicles. 29:1-5
Here we are again discussing the vital subject of loving the church. We learned about Satan’s beatitudes and I hope none of you fit in any of the categories listed. A man of God shared his beatitudes and l share similar thoughts in these lines. Let’s check them out.
- I can honestly say that I have pastored every one of those types of church members!
- What the church desperately needs is more members who simply love their church!
- But not only love their church, but love their church the way God loves the church!
- You see,
- God loves the church sacrificially! He gave His Son for it!
- God loves the church unconditionally … When He’s pleased with it & when He’s not pleased …
- God loves His church eternally! He will never, ever stop loving the church! It is His body.
- There is a blessing that comes to every church member who really will love his church, and love it in the right way, and love it for the right reason!
I want to share with you my 3 beatitudes for a church member who truly loves his church the way Jesus wants him to love it!
(1) BLESSED IS THE CHURCH MEMBER WHO GIVES HIS CHURCH HIS LOVING AFFECTION!
The background of this story is fascinating! David had a desire to build a house for God! It was a legitimate desire, it was a noble desire, it was an honorable desire!
But God, in His will and purpose, did not want David to build the house!
He wanted David’s son, Solomon, to build the house!
A) Now, David was still the king of Israel! David could have got mad and deeply offended,
He could have walked away from it and said, “I won’t have anything to do with it.” Check out more of what David could have said in the SPREADING THE LIGHT BULLETIN next week. DO NOT MISS IT.
ONE A WEEK… ARE YOU participating? YOU SHOULD. Watch and Tell your friends about our “Faith Life ” program on Kingdom TV, every Sunday @ 6 pm and Monday @ 3 pm. We love you.
ONE A WEEK
BECAUSE: AM A DEBTOR, AM READY, AM NOT ASHAMED. (Rom. 1:14-16)