I LOVE MY CHURCH Prt 3
1 Chronicles. 29:1-5
Furthermore David the king said unto all the congregation, Solomon my son, whom alone God hath chosen, is yet young and tender, and the work is great: for the palace is not for man, but for the LORD God. Now I have prepared with all my might for the house of my God the gold for things to be made of gold, and the silver for things of silver, and the brass for things of brass, the iron for things of iron, and wood for things of wood; onyx stones, and stones to be set, glistering stones, and of divers colours, and all manner of precious stones, and marble stones in abundance. Moreover, because I have set my affection to the house of my God, I have of mine own proper good, of gold and silver, which I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house, Even three thousand talents of gold, of the gold of Ophir, and seven thousand talents of refined silver, to overlay the walls of the houses withal: The gold for things of gold, and the silver for things of silver, and for all manner of work to be made by the hands of artificers. And who then is willing to consecrate his service this day unto the LORD
We started a series two weeks ago on loving The Church as we know it in the New Testament. As we compare to the Old Testament, we picked one character that without a doubt loved the house of God, referenced here as the church. That character is David…..and we pick it up now with the excuses
David could have come up with.
- David could have said, “There’s nothing in this for me.” * You think about this!
- David was going to give to build a house of worship that would benefit someone else!
- David was going to give to build a house of worship that he would never attend!
- David was going to give to build a house of worship that he would not even live to see!
Had David said, “What’s in it for me?” he wouldn’t have given one dime to see that house built!
B) But David’s heart was, “I want to invest in the work of God any way that I can!”
- “I am willing to build a house of worship even if I will never enter into it if it means God can be glorified, the Word can be preached, and other people can be saved.”
- Notice what he said in v.1, “The Temple is not for man, but for the Lord God.”
- I want to say to our church, that whatever buildings we build and wherever we build them, they are never to be monuments to the pastor or to any one individual!
They are to be built for God, for His glory, for His kingdom, & for the preaching of His Word! Make sure you get your bulletin next week,
It’s gonna be awesome!
ONE A WEEK,…..ARE YOU participating? YOU SHOULD. Watch and Tell your friends about our “Faith Life ” program on Kingdom TV, every Sunday @ 6 pm and Monday @ 3 pm. We love you.
ONE A WEEK
BECAUSE: AM A DEBTOR, AM READY, AM NOT ASHAMED. (Rom. 1:14-16